Updated: Mar 31, 2020
Could you please introduce yourself?
I am another ordinary girl next door, with unusual dreams and wishes of working less, making more money, traveling around the world, tasting different foods and knowing cultures. This led me to become an internationally renowned Social Media advisor, keynote speaker and Power blogging business coach and am helping entrepreneurs and professionals create a profitable and powerful brand.
What was one of the biggest challenges you faced?
The biggest challenge was becoming a business owner without any business background, help or guidance. I belong to a conservative family with mostly service professionals where people find government jobs as the safest and ultimate aim of one's life. Me choosing business was a radical choice that no one supported. So, dealing with all business odds and societal resistance was a major challenge. Having no financial support when I moved to Delhi alone in 2003 to work on my dreams became another challenge.
I took 4 major decisions and they helped.
1. To sort my finances, I worked as a digital marketing and content consultant with flexible hours for 1 year and at night, I would do freelance as a strategist. I was fortunate to work with an amazing team of business owners and the job gave me ample time to learn and research the industry.
2. I decided to live a frugal and minimal lifestyle and saved 40% of my earnings for my future business experiments and investments.
3. I literally worked 16-20 hours a day in the first 2 years of my journey. This investment of time and commitment made me achieve a working life balance of working 1 hour a day and yet make 6-7 figure income every month.
4. I started building my personal brand online with a blog, website, social media presence from day 1. And this made me win over my competition at ease.
What were your takeaways from this experience?
You can achieve anything (literally anything you think of) when you are committed, have patience and don't give up.It's necessary to build a support system of people you trust from different walks of industries.Taking charge of your life and lifestyle is important. Your physical and mental health should always be your first priority. If your body and mind are fit, anything is doable. Working on your personality, looks and personal brand online gives more returns than one can imagine. Just set a powerful online presence and keep working on your soft skills and life skills to beat the competition.Most of us think that clients fall for low prices. But there are bigger things potential clients prefer over pricing. It's your response time and how approachable you're. I am available to my clients directly at most of the working hours without any middlemen and this makes them and their business feel in safe hands.
· No matter what highs and lows I faced in my personal and professional life, I made sure to remember and value 6 things every moment.
· My time is priceless and I got one life to live
· My family and close friends who were always there
· I am unique and one of its own kind on this earth
· It's my job to take care of my body and mind
· Anything that doesn't serve me well in life doesn't deserve to be in my life
· Nothing comes for free. It either demands time or money. And I was always ready to invest both as the situation demands to save my time and get faster returns.
I am happy to help you if you're committed to making a difference in your life and the world at large. Just reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I have several free downloadable resources and hundreds of guides on my blog. Do read it at https://www.sunitabiddu.com/blog
For action oriented entrepreneurs, I have got 3 books available on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Sunita-Biddu/e/B07ZSFBHR1?ref_=dbs_p_ebk_r00_abau_000000
And I take 3 new mentees every quarter to help with their businesses and revenues. Check this out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahN46gx2ypw